As a community we are facing unprecedented times in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to assure you that Pipsqueaks Early Learning Centre is open for business as usual and we are here to support you and your family.
We are committed to maintaining the health and safety of all children, families and staff. Therefore, we will be enforcing the following procedures as a result of advice from the Department of Health and Human Services and normal health and hygiene routines, many of which we implement as best practice: –
- All staff or children who are returning from overseas will not be able to attend the centre for 14 days. This will include all current families and staff, families participating in orientation, families requesting a tour of the service or any contractors attending the site.
- We will refrain from large groups of children gathering together in one space where possible.
- Educators will serve the children’s lunches, rather than our usual self-serve method. Children will still be given choice around their meals.
- All persons will be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided at the entry on arrival.
- Educators will wash their hands with warm soapy water on entry into every room.
- Educators will ensure children are using correct hygiene practices throughout the day, especially when sneezing or coughing.
- All resources will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Educators will monitor the ongoing health of children within the service.
- We strongly advise that you seek medical advice if your child presents with coughing, sneezing, running nose or temperature consistent with flue like symptoms before attending care.
- We will limit the number of external visitors such as contractors, etc accessing the service where possible.
Here is a link to a helpful article about talking to children about corona virus: – https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus/
We will continue to act on advise provided by Department of Education and Training in regards to the ongoing operation of the service and any practices that need to be introduced to ensure the safety of your children and families. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or questions.